Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my ATS pentas from my good friend Bruce, I checked on the 500, and it's done And will be home Monday! It does have Euro Logs, *I was just making sure* Good day. Thank you Bruce.:D

Here's A question for you guys, shouldI re badge my car as a 500SE when I am done with the swap or leave it a 380 and leave people wondering where the power is comming from?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Those wheels are very, very nice - the center caps are the icing on the cake. They are going to look awesome on your car - it's really come along nicely. If it were me, I'd re-badge - it's not like you'd be a poser - you'll have the real deal under the hood.

Congrats -

I bet Monday can't come soon enough for you...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Do the Euro "thing" - No badge. ;)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would kill for a real 5.0 badge. 0_0

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
There are several badging choice options here: this is what I think you should do.

Here's A question for you guys, shouldI re badge my car as a 500SE when I am done with the swap or leave it a 380 and leave people wondering where the power is comming from?

1. Debadge totally

2. Leave "380 SE" badge on, for "stealth"

3. On left: "380SE" on right:...Period correct A M G badge.

4. On left: "380SE" on right:...5.0 badge

5. On left: "500SE" for "stealth"

6. On left: "500SE" on right:...Period correct A M G badge.

7. On left: Period correct A M G badge

8. On left: Period correct A M G badge...On right: 5.0 badge

I think the badge choice is an important one to make, and after reviewing the AMG pictures on the net and catalogue they put out in the 80's, I personally feel that any of the above would likely be acceptably correct for the period correct look on your W126. AMG had no absolute strict rules about badging back then that I am aware of.

Badge choice on this car, in my opinion, (which should be yours!!!) is VERY important because it represents the finishing touch to the expensive modifications and is a discreet indication of what you have done, and also a kind of a reward and badge of pride you earned after the hard work. So choose carefully the one you would like.

However if this was MY car, I would unquestionably go with option #8 above.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do like the AMG badge and 380SE. And I do have the AMG badge.. I think that's a winner right there. I just wish I could have all three, the 380SE, 5.0, and the AMG.. Without it looking like crap.

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
I do like the AMG badge and 380SE. And I do have the AMG badge.. I think that's a winner right there.
That is a very good and honest choice.

so, go with option #3 as mentioned above.. That works. It is period correct for your car.
Make sure you first measure carefully, for the A M G badge on the right side of the trunk to be perfectly positioned.

I just wish I could have all three, the 380SE, 5.0, and the AMG.. Without it looking like crap.
You can't. That was NEVER done by AMG. Never. It is just WRONG.

Plus, it would absolutely SCREAM: "Look at me, I am such a poser!!!!".

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You can't. That was NEVER done by AMG. Never. It is just WRONG.

Plus, it would absolutely SCREAM: "Look at me, I am such a poser!!!!".
True, true. I will take your advise and do correct measurements. I can't wait for this car to be done. This year I will rock Euro carlisle ***There were only 2 MERCEDES ther last year.*** Wee need people this year and the same at the Deutsche classic. need people to be there this year. Come all.

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
A M G badge placement on trunk.

True, true. I will take your advise and do orrect measurements. I can't wait for this car to be done. This year I will rock Euro carlisle ***There were only 2 MERCEDES ther last year.*** Wee need people this year and the same at the Deutsche classic. need people to be there this year. Come all.

Speaking of the correct measurements for 1980's A M G badge placement:

Cyberdyne said just tonight:

"Yeah, that badge is way too high. Perhaps the trunk, or whole car was repainted at one point?

If anyone is looking for the proper measurements when placing the badge, I posted them a while back when I fitted mine.

- Steve

You have questions, we have answers.

I really like looking on this board, ALL the W126 knowldege you could need is RIGHT HERE.

The internet is just amazing isn't it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts