Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my s class was rear ended by a pickup into a pickup, and needless to say, its life has come to an end. Trunk smashed itno rear windshield, and severe front end damage. Its 1am, and im pretty bummed. By the way, the airbags did not deploy. Problem?

Pics and Details to follow

P.S I am fine

·
Registered
2001 S500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures...

Well, its pretty bad. I am so bummed out, as this car was my pride and joy. Heres the story.

" Sandwich-ed in Sandwich"

Ok, so its 1130 pm on friday, and I head down to Cape Cod to pick my son up from a party. I get there, pick him up, and we head off. About to get back on the highway, I pull up behind a Chevy Silverado, just so happened to the dj from the party. Anyway, he is about to take a left to go south, and I must wait to get by him so I can take the ramp to go north. We are at a dead stop, and Iw as just chatting with my son, when suddlenly, I noticed lights in the rearview mirror. The next thing I know, a 95' F150 rear ends me at 50mph and under the rear end of the chevy. Upon impact of the chevy, the dj's speaker case flys out and lands on my front winshield. Now, I am guessing that the kid never slowed down and might have actually accelerated by acident. I ask my son if he is allright, and he says yes, and were both fine. The car is still runing, although for some reason, the airbags did not deploy? Well, after that I find an 18 y/o in the truck behind me whom had been drinking, but not drunk. He claims he was listining to music and sort of just "zoned out". The kid could have not beed any more polite, and I decided not to tell the officer about the drinking, as I would not want to ruin the kids life. 4 cops, 2 fire enines and a rescue come on the seen and were checked out, and a girl that was in the car in front of us went to the hospital with "neck injuries" (a little dramitic). Well, my wife picked us up in Sandwich at about 1230 am, and the car was towed. I am either going to replace it with an E55 AMG or possibly a new 06 Range Rover.

·
Registered
CLS 55 AMG, One Day !
321 Posts
Damn, that sucks !

THats crap, sorry to hear about the accident !

·
Registered
2001 S500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man, but i must say i am quickly getting over the car and soon enough there will be an S500 Sport or an 02 S55 in its spot

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Wow, glad to hear the S500 did it's job in protecting you and your son.

Kind of weird that the airbags did not deploy. The same type of accident happened to my dads car. The people in front of him slammed their brakes, and he couldn't react in time, so he rear-ended them. The only severly damaged part was the hood. The airbags didn't deploy. They say it's because there aren't any sensor things on the hood. Not sure.

·
Registered
2000 S500 BIG BODY
26 Posts
Sorry about the car glad to hear you are fine..but look at the bright side you get to buy a new baby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts