Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have 18x8.5 rims with pirelli p7000 tires on my car. The sizes i believe are 225-40 all around. <br>
<br>
ok. the problem that i am having with the tires are that they squeel all over the place when im making turns. even when im in a parking lot and just turning into a parking lot at 5mph. is there something wrong with my tires? <br>
<br>
ps they are relatively new tires and still have plenty of thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
there's nothing wrong with your tires. it's the compound it's made from. i'm sorry but i had...

the p7000 SuperSports and I HATED them. they were the worst tires i've ever owned. i know it may be too late for you or you might not even care to get another set but it's my $0.02. I also experienced uneven and feathering after about 5-10k miles on them. then they all also started to vibrate not indifferent from wheels that are out of balance. I then bought Kumho's (very good) and i was very impressed with the performance and ride. they were quiet too not like the p7000 SS. I then bought Nittos for the new 19s i just got...they aren't too much different from the P7000 SS. Kumho's don't make 19's in the size i needed.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
techB... about the vibrating

techB, yea I agree totally and am thinking about which brands to change to after these tires go bald. i guess ill try out the kumho's maybe. i also do believe that my tires are beginning to vibrate at high speeds and was afraid that it was because my wheels are out of balance or that one of my rims were bent. how did it feel when your tires were vibrating? thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for the late reply but it feels exactly like your wheel is out of balance...but it's the tire

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Worst tire choice. Wear them out and get Bridgestone S03

I had the 7000SS on my Audi TT and they screamed all the time and had poor traction. It felt like I was on oil in every corner. Old tire design. <br>
<br>
The 430 has Bridgestone S03 and they're an awesome performer but there are trade-offs. Super stiff sidewalls and sticky rubber add up to an increased desire to drive much faster with the confidence inspiring traction and handling. For the performance I sacrifice road noise, stiffer ride, amd the tendency to follow road grooves. I feel it's worth the trade. Of course increased wear due to increased demand on the rubber. I came from OE Continental Sport contacts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts