Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need help to decide what exhaust system to get Help!

Brabus,Rb Tech,Amg,Lorinser or Remus?<br> TIA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caution about the Brabus exhaust...

I have an SLK with a Brabus exhaust and I had to have my non-sport bumper cut-out so the tips could fit. Brabus includes a cutting template.<br> <br> I've researched the Brabus exhaust for the CLKs and it looks like it's the same scenario, the rear lip has to be carved/cut so the tips would fit.<br> <br> But the Brabus exhaust sounds very good though, nice, deep, and not loud UNTIL you slam on the throttle...<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tea, you asked about RBTech

Personally I think Brabus is weak, I got RBTech and it sounds great. Evosport sells them for apprx $1500 www.evosport.com The brabus system (as well as almost all the others) don't come with performance resonators. If you don't care for the resonator, don't waste you money with Brabus. Get an eisenmann or something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remus doesn't offer a cat-back solution. It's just a muffler...

AMG, not really much difference in sound compared to stock but is relatively cheaper than the rest.<br> <br> Supersprint is a nice system with a very nice growl. I recommend this over the rest.<br> <br> No big gains from exhausts so I choose what looks and sounds the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx Frank how is all the exhaust compare performance wise?

Oh yeah I could get a RB tech exhaust for 1300 for group buy of 5. Let me know if anyone interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it from PES Tuning..

Met them and the guys are really knowledgable over there. Give them a call and look for Tony. Tell him Frank from MBNZ.org sent you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Performance is not an issue since all of them don't make much gains..

if any at all. You can't expect much from a N.A. car. Get what looks and sounds nice to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
22 hp gain? No way...now you are sucking in hot instead of cool air...on a hot day.....

<br> you might even lost power because the ECU will retard the timing when the engine is running to hot to prevent detenation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steve L...over at slk forum had dyno sheet for CLK 55 with K&N filter. the result is surprising....

<br> low gain. Only 4 hp peak and 12 ft/lbs peak gain. and they telling you that, you gain 22 hp on an CLk 430? NO WAY !!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Isn't anybody interested in the AMG exhaust?

I know it fit's the bumper without mod's and it I am told to expect about 15-20 extra ponies.<br> <br> I like the look of it and it doesn't seem to be anymore expensive than some of the competitors. About $1800.00 Canadian.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts