Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

To Mr. Big - Re:Squeaks and Rattles

972 Views 4 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  Rick
G
I finally was able to leave the car at the dealer this morning. Guess what, it IS under warranty. They said the breakage might have been caused by vents getting too hot because of summer and suddenly get cold when the A/C is turned on. They also gave me a nice E320 as a loaner car. I could fall asleep on this car. It's really smooth and takes NY bumps like it wasn't there.<p>On the squeaks, I couldn't make it come back again so I have no proof that it does squeak. Although the sunroof rattle will be checked.<p>Were you able to have your car serviced yet ?<p>Tell me what happened.<p>Frank
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Frank,<br>Haven't taken my car in for its first service yet, I still have about 2k miles to go according to the computer. I'm also going to have them change the fuel gauge sender unit. It was goin wacky for awhile and I understand that here's a service bulletin out that addresses the problem. Do you know if they've come up with a permanent fix yet? Last I heard they're still trying to figure it out the problem and will keep replacing the sender until a they solve the real problem. I can always get my car to squeak when I enter a driveway at an angle. You should try that when you go to pick your car up. Let me know what happens.<p>Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also forgot to mention that I'll want to have synthetic oil put in my car during the first service at 12k miles. Since the service is going to be on the house, can I just give them the oil? I know that they will only supply dyno oil for the free service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be able to do that. It's probably even better on their part although<br>one question though, what are the benefits of using synthetic vs. regular oil and <br>what brand are you using ?<p>Thanks<p>Frank<p>: Also forgot to mention that I'll want to have synthetic oil put in my car during the first service at 12k miles. Since the service is going to be on the house, can I just give them the oil? I know that they will only supply dyno oil for the free service.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Fuel Sender

Problem may be wiring and not the sender. On our 1999 CLK430 it was intermittent and then failed hard. I went back in the trunk and wiggled all the wires and connectors coming off the top of the fuel tank and that has had it 'fixed' for 4 months now.<br> --- Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.