Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'll start of by saying I'm 17 and live in Ontario, Canada. My question is this: I am getting inheritance in the next couple of months and want to either lease or buy a car, depending on which one I choose probably. Now, am I better of just buying a used C63 that would be almost 25% of my money, leasing one for 3 or 4 years for about 13% (23k I would imagine) of my money, or going with another car completely. I know it is completely foolish and selfish to spend this amount of money on a car at this age, but I am allocating most of the money university and investing a good chunk into an RRSP as well. I don't need any "you don't need that kind of car or power." I'm responsible and truly have a passion for driving and well engineered and designed cars. To be clear, I am not just some young kid looking for lots of power and a badge for conspicuous consumption, that is for the posers of the car world. I considered a used M3, but feel the Merc, not to mention the AMG engine will last longer than an M motor. I am looking at a 2008 with about 50,000km or 30 000 miles. Plan to put 10,000kms a year max.I will get 2 years of CPO and will set aside for repairs outside of that. Now, on the other hand, I was considering a 2006 M5 and saving 10k, but the repairs and reliability on those scare me, especially ones that have 60,000 miles. I was thinking about an e55, but repairs and age scare me too. A used 335i chipped is also another economical car that can be made into a rocket ship, but lacks the sporting pretensions I am looking for. Any suggestions? Also, could financing the car and using the interest on my money to make the payments every year be a wise choice if I can get a lower finance rate through Merc than what I'm making on my money? Please no bashful or hateful or words of what I should be doing with my money. Life is simply too short to merely get from A to B.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The C63 is a great car. I bought my 2010 in Nov 09 when I was 17 as well. Its not really a practical daily driver, i only take it out on special occasions etc (I have about 4500 miles on it). These cars are also easy to abuse with the power they have, so when you are looking at used ones, you should be very very very picky and very careful because maintenance can run high. Also, Not sure about gas prices in canada, but im sure you dont want to blow your investment on gas lol.. they claim 21 highway, but that is relaxed highway driving in 7th gear... when you give gas for full power it averages around 8 mpg maybe less.. I would say go for it, its a great car, but not as a daily driver! If you do buy used, go for one with under 10k miles, and a detailed service record.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yo check this. i was 18 when i bought a GL450 . Ya its a suv but shoot it was cost 85k after everything. had the limited edition one. Anyways. LOTS OF MY MONEY WENT TO IT!!!
breaks service cost hella money. then i gave it to my sister at age 23 and got a M6 which was 77k used. the thing with bmw everything is covered!!!!! except windows and tires. with warranty. IF i was you. i get a M3 and have everything covered by warranty and just trade it in few years if u dont like it. do not lease it. you kinda lose money. I just crashed my M6 FEW DAYS AGO :( fucking sucks . now im looking to buy a c63 amg coupe desingo package. bout 90k after tax . but parents are hating on me for a sports car . LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DO. also was thinking of 2012 m3. cuz everything is covered

1 - 3 of 3 Posts