Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To the layman driver the only way to discern from a E430 Sport and an E55 is via the badges and the wheels (unless you step on it and see the car take off). I personally would not debadge a top of the line model. Whenever I see a debadged car I believe it to be a lower version of a specific model (EG 528 vs 540) or it has been in an accident and the body shop didnt put the badges back (I deal with insurance repairs daily and you would be surprised how often badges are done wrong or not put back at all!!). The E55 badges are subtle and not too gaudy and does take a good eye and a close view to catch it. Keep them on.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Debadge ...

My CLK55 is debadged. I planned to do so all along but then I drove it for 3 weeks with the badges after it arrived and that convinced me.<br> <br> There are too many punks that will try and race you on crowded city streets with a clapped out camero, or in a bmr blowing smoke (and probably miss-badged as an M3).<br> <br> Now I am in stealth mode. When I put my foot down they know who is King, if I want to grace them with that knowledge.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Debadge ...

or.. you could just not race them.. I've found that whatever you are driving, if you just dont show any interest in racing someone, they will either get the point, or speed off like a moron, making themself look stupid.. I dont see a problem with the badges..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts