Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day dear all,
I have liked vintage cars for awhile now and of late i realised i do need a car due to my occupation of being a salesman, but i am extremey cost sensitive and i am very afraid of any problems that could occur to the car. etc breakdown due to any mechanical problems.

May i ask? What is the worse that could happen to a currently running vintage car that would cost me a bomb to repair if it breaks down? Sorry for the questions cos i am not very knowledgable with regards to cars. (Preparing for the worse and not wanting to get a loan just to repair the car)

The car in mind is a 1980 S280L.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good day dear all,
I have liked vintage cars for awhile now and of late i realised i do need a car due to my occupation of being a salesman, but i am extremey cost sensitive and i am very afraid of any problems that could occur to the car. etc breakdown due to any mechanical problems.

May i ask? What is the worse that could happen to a currently running vintage car that would cost me a bomb to repair if it breaks down? Sorry for the questions cos i am not very knowledgable with regards to cars. (Preparing for the worse and not wanting to get a loan just to repair the car)

The car in mind is a 1980 S280L.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Check my reply to Hammersam under the title 'Scearching', many of the same points apply. You may also ask in the R107 forum at this site. The 280SL is a very beautiful car, and the one in the pic seems to have the hardtop too.

Take care and drive safe.
Raju
From beautiful & exotic India.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts