Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C280
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am taking apart the dash, I thought I would look at adding a new head unit with iPod controls, bluetooth, aux in etc. I have a head unit with casette and CD changer in the trunk. While cleaning everything, I saw that only the door speakers said Bose on them. The rear speakers just say high quality speakers, made in Germany. I also looked at the amp in the trunk and it only has a part # on the end. Nothing that says Bose. The tweeters do not say Bose on them either.
When I go to crutchfield and follow the outfitmycar guide, it gets to the point of asking bose or non-bose system.
So, what is the determining factor to determine whether or not you have a Bose system or not. If you have a Bose system, does everything say Bose on it. Why would it matter when replacing the head unit? Does one system have an external amp and the other have it as part of the head unit?

·
Registered
1999 C280
898 Posts
on my car the only thing that says Bose on it are the speakers in the rear window.
Front door speakers say nothing and head unit says Mercedes Benz

Mark

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor Special Edition
1,173 Posts
Yes, although identical in appearance the Bose head unit is preamp only, while the standard stereo is powered through the head unit. The speakers are of a different impedance, as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts