Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know you guys love your cars but I am curious. What is the MOST favorite thing you like about your car? I know you have a lot of things you like but name THE MOST IMPORTANT FAVORITE thing you can think of. I know it may take some time to come up with the ultimate thing you like but lets see how many different things you owners come up with...

my number 1 thing I like the most on my 600 is the POWER....this bad boy is a friggn ROCKET.......

my number 1 thing I like the most on my 500 is the way it sounds after I put an AMG exhaust on it. I think my v8 sounds better then my v12...

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I like how the car is 15 years old but I can still park it in front of some of the best hotels and it commands respect. Not so much that I get a buzz out of the way anyone treats a person based on their car but that a car that was designed so long ago can still be so modern and well built when compared to more modern MB's. I guess I'm more impressed than anything else.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i agree with NZ benz. The way it commands respect after this many years is just incredible. The car manages to stand out no matter where i park it. while i was talking to my mechanic today at the gas station, a man in his 60's, i believe, pulled up in a town car and peaked his head in the window to ask directions, and before he left he asked "who's mercedes is that?" I raised my hand and he said "that's a beautiful car, i've always loved them, they really are nice looking." Everytime i leave it with my mechanic, when he's done working on it, he's sure to park it right out front so that passers by can see it. sometimes i think he enjoys showing it off more than I do.

·
Registered
681 Posts
hey s320 on 18

Whos your mechanic...where... and how are his rates??? just curious since i havent heard of any other recommeded guys in jersey besides the one i go to.

·
Registered
703 Posts
hey s320 on 18

Whos your mechanic...where... and how are his rates??? just curious since i havent heard of any other recommeded guys in jersey besides the one i go to.
I go to a guy by the name of Bill Denson. his son owns a luke oil gas station near me and i go to him for the minor stuff, but the bigger things, like the headgasket leak i just had fixed, go to his father's shop which I believe is called Denson's. They're mercedes trained technicians.

another guy I've heard of from my band director who owns a benz is a place called Harris Foreign Cars. I seem to have misplaced their card, otherwise i'd give you their information. But my director had nothing but high praise for them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
the fact that my 13 year old car still has more technology in it then in most brand new cars. oh and the imposing looks it has.

·
7,943 Posts
Safety, have you seen one of these after it has hit a wall at 100mph, and some other car hit the same wall at 100mph. Not that this car is a guarantee on your life, but you have a better chance of living on one of these W140 sedans.

I’m in the business of selling to Firefighters everything they have, and one of the things they say (firefighters) is the metal (if they have to cut you out of the car) requires a special saw blade for certain portions of the car- I’m happy to hear that.

Ohh..by the way, the car commands this level of respect where ever it is parked – timeless look that has not been replicated by any other car maker, and this includes Mercedes Benz. Every car on the road has the round-bubble that looks like everything else on the road. The new S-class from Mercedes from the rear view mirror resembles some KIA vehicles.

I’ve halted hotel car traffic when after 20 mile workout run (I’m a Marathon runner on the side) I asked the valet service to get me the ice cooler in the car. Well the valet service brings the whole car out. Everyone waiting was wondering whose car that was. People in their cars were “rubber-necking” to see if some famous movie star was going to get in. Meanwhile, I was delayed approaching the car by taking to someone about the sport of running, but I heard all the little remarks of “who is driving that”, and “look at that car.” All of this is taking place in San Francisco, but I guess the W140 just has that unique look to capture the eye of someone.

I’m glad I own a twelve-year old W140..

Martin

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I like how the car is 15 years old but I can still park it in front of some of the best hotels and it commands respect. Not so much that I get a buzz out of the way anyone treats a person based on their car but that a car that was designed so long ago can still be so modern and well built when compared to more modern MB's. I guess I'm more impressed than anything else.
How can people not admire and respect your car...its beautiful the way you keep it up :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Safety - it's great to not have to think (so much) about other idiots on the road smashing into me whilst I've got my son in the car.

On top of the 'physical' aspect of it being 'built' stronger and better than most cars out there - the fact that it's a Mercedes alone at least make people think "I'd better not hit that" because of the (assumed) cost of fixing it.

It has presence - people notice you - and if people notice you - they have less chance of hitting you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My car looks better than every other car in the highschool parking lot, and is still faster than the majority of them too :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Agree with W140FTW: PRESENCE (more than the W221 and almost as much the W100)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Presence: that is all you really need (all else being equal--safety, quality, tech gizmos, etc.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Age is all realtive. And the W140 is still relavant today as it was over 15 years ago. Taste never goes out of style. As Henry Royce once said: "The quality remains, long after the price has been forgotten." Among modern S-classes, nothing compares to the W140s.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
As many have said it is it`s presence on the road but I particularly like the way that the car`s styling has matured over the years. I think it looks better on the road today than ever.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I think that what I like the most is the control I feel behind the wheel. I know that whatever direction I point the car it's going in that direction. It doesn't slip or lose control.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts