Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 C300
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got my W204 UMI Nav+4 upgraded at the dealer to the Navigation 20. Now my TMC traffic does not work. Is there a hidden setting I am missing? I have it set in the menu to check the traffic. It use to work before the upgrade.

·
Registered
2010 GLK350; 2007 ML500 - SOLD
20 Posts
Upgrading results in loss of TMC feature. I went throught the same agony. The dealer went as far as to install a newer unit which replaces the NAV + 4 called the "Accessory Navigation System." While the TMS selection is active, I only seem to get "No Messages" when I select it! Since this was just installed, I will give it a few days. I know there are traffic issues in the area; the loaner had the COMAND system and showed numerouse alerts and real-time traffic. Not sure if it uses TMC like the less expensive unit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did since it is a standard. BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT UPGRADE NAV + 4 & UMI. There is no going back. And, the upgrade also does not support Streaming Audio! This does not reflect well on MB, considering I can by a much cheaper vehicle and get better computer features.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts