Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mechanic told me to use this Titan oil, instead of hard to find mobil 1 (0w-40)? Any opinions on this are greatly appreciated. My cars are 2005 350slk 51k, and 2008 c350 41k miles. I always used mobile 1 oil. Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
292 Posts
A mechanic told me to use this Titan oil, instead of hard to find mobil 1 (0w-40)? Any opinions on this are greatly appreciated. My cars are 2005 350slk 51k, and 2008 c350 41k miles. I always used mobile 1 oil. Thank you for reading.

I responded to your other thread. I very much recommend you stick with your Mobil 1 0w40. The new SN formula of it is richer in additives than ever. It's approved, it's a trusted name, the oil analysis reports on it are always fine, why change?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I responded to your other thread. I very much recommend you stick with your Mobil 1 0w40. The new SN formula of it is richer in additives than ever. It's approved, it's a trusted name, the oil analysis reports on it are always fine, why change?
a bit cheaper when it comes to changing 2 oil changes. The 5 quarts jug cost $25 vs $40 (mobil 1 per quart cost). I prob stay with mobil 1 though. Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Anyone could explain why BM using this weird :) oil (0w-40), it is my first Benz and I am interesting. Also 10K between changes bit lot as for me, are you keeping with this intervals on your cars?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts