Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mechanic told me to use this Titan oil, instead of hard to find mobil 1 (0w-40)? Any opinions on this are greatly appreciated. My cars are 2005 350slk 51k, and 2008 c350 41k miles. I always used mobile 1 oil. Thank you for reading.:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
A mechanic told me to use this Titan oil, instead of hard to find mobil 1 (0w-40)? Any opinions on this are greatly appreciated. My cars are 2005 350slk 51k, and 2008 c350 41k miles. I always used mobile 1 oil. Thank you for reading.:)
That Fuchs Titan product doesn't appear to have the approval of the newest Mercedes like your cars. You need approval 229.5 and it is only 229.3.

Your Mobil 1 0w40 is APPROVED by Mercedes 229.5, plus Porsche, BMW, Nissan GTR, etc. etc.

It's a very good product. I have had the 0w40 Mobil 1 analyzed in my car several times, it holds up nicely.

It's approved, and it works good. No reason to change it.

Mobil 1 0w40 shouldn't be hard to find. Amazon.com (not so good right now, they had a rebate earlier this fall). Walmart, etc. It can be found pretty easily.

The Mobil 1 0w40 is better than regular Mobil 1 in more common weights too. If you look at an oil analysis of it, it is much richer in additives than say their 5w30, 5w20, etc. for your common American and Japanese cars.

It's really a formula all its own for the european manufactures and a really nice product that can be found in very common places, which makes it a winner in my book.

The other product I think would be harder to find. Stick with your Mobil 1 0w40!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts