Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Boston...my first set of tires is on its last legs...what are the best options for:

1. Snow tires?

2. All season tires (what about all season tires instead of snows and then regular tires)?

If I need tires in Sept/Oct, should I get the snow tires put on and drive them thru April...?

What kind of degredation in performance will I notice (any) between H rated and Z rated tires?

·
Premium Member
CLK / ML
4,077 Posts
Tires....

It's not recommended to use Snow Tires during non-Snow seasons as the compound is softer and would easily be eaten up.

I use Blizzaks and higly recommend them.

All seasons are ok but don't work as good as snow tires during winter time and not as good as performance tires during summer. It's a compromise of both but is still better during winter than regular performance tires.

H to Z

H is rated at 130 MPH
Z is rated at 149 MPH

Unless you drive 130 mph + and above consistently, you won't notice any difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ann number of dealers are recommending...

Michelin Pilot Sport AS...as a great all-season selection, excellent is non-inclement weather, decent in weather, and possibly ok in low snow...they are running $208/$235 at tirerack.com...any other suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so how dos the pilot as perform in a little snow?

also, what would I be losing in dry?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts