Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 E430 Sport package. I need new tires. NTB recommended Yokohama AS530 (235/45R17 97H) I want low noise and long treadwear, but I don't want to pay arm and leg. I would like a all season good performance tire. Not a hard driver. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Welcome. Please click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle and location to your profile, it's useful information when you're seeking assistance.

A good place to start is tirerack.com. Plug in your car and it will show you tires that meet the specs (speed and load rating) then sort by your preferences, including price. Then you can look at the ratings for the various tires, including reviews by people who own them.

Regardless where you buy the tires, that's a valuable resource and it's free for you to use.

I don't know what you consider an arm and a leg, but I paid a decent bit (about $825 including installation) for a set of Goodyear Assurance ComforTred tires, and I have been exceedingly happy with them. They had good treadwear ratings, but were very highly rated for noise, which was my primary concern. Other popular tires for the 210 are the Michelin Primacy (those are an arm and a leg) and Continentals.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
On my E320 I went with BF Goodrich Traction T/A and I would not recommend those (noisy and ride is harsh) but they are wearing much better than the Continental ProContacts that came on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts