Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is getting tireing and expensive. My front tires on my 1989 300te wear on the outer edge. Mostly the right front. I can go through a tire in a year. It has been aligned 2x by two different shops. Each time I get excited that the problem will not return. I keep all my tires inflated to 32psi. Any ideas?

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 95 320TE 02 S500
13,275 Posts
Your profile doesn't indicate where you live. That being the case, you should take the car to the dealer for the alignment. Few shops actually have the proper equipment to a full and correct alignment on W124's. The dealer will most likely have a competitive for this service.

Good Luck,

Jayare

·
Registered
1976 BMW 2002. 1991 250TD. 1995 E320. 2018 Honda Africa Twin
2,795 Posts
Tires wear based on three key factors; how you drive, where you drive, how you maintain the vehicle.

How you drive
The more aggressive you are, the quicker your tires will wear. Period.

Where you drive
City street driving and driving in the hills and canyons will wear your tires out moreso than droning along on the freeway. Even 100mph + on the freeway is not as hard on the tires as constantly starting and stopping; block to block on city streets for instance. Sharp 90 degree turns on city streets versus long gentle bends on the freeway.

How you maintain the vehicle.
Duh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.