Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my question on tires for 1985 190 D did not rate an answer from Mr. Luke (car not expensive enough to bother, I guess) I went against the tirerack advice and bought a pair of Yok's avid T4 (yes, my God, a TOURING tire)from the aforementioned tire rack. The best buy I've ever made! The tire behaves better then H-rated Bridgestone, is quieter, more stable, WAY better traction in the wet. Now I'm waiting for snow to try it out. Just goes to show you, that more expensive is not always better.<br> Now go ahead and beat me up...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I am glad you are happy with your decision and I also apoogize for not getting to your question <br> <br> <br> Luke

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re ..'s ok. I just got frustrated

I do that too often, too. Now, regardless of my purchase, what IS your advice? I drive very agressively (aka 'Eurpean style'), but with 77hp, don't need 0 mph traction. Need good rain and snow traction on good all seasons performance. Yok's seem to wobble a triffle on tight turns (really noticeable on my 'stang, same tire). is that the 'touring' tire characteristic?<br> <br> Thanx <br> I will have to change front tires in 6 month.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: more traction than a h ratedB stone ? what kind ??

Crap, I new somebody will ask that. I think these were 'Eager' or some such. Also, I had Dunlap A60 (?? I'm writing from memory, so I'm not sure). Both impossible in the snow. By the way, I'm talking wet/slush traction. Yok's have this weird tendency to wobble (as if car was attached to a rubber band)in tight turns, but actually are very ' sticky'. Where B-stones were beginning to slide, Yok's hold tight (but, you guessed it, wobbly). Overall, safe, if not a very enjoyable ride. Also, Yok's are way quieter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts