Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1979 450SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a very nice '79 450SL with just over 60K and am new to the benzworld forum and the world of Mercedes-Benz ownership.

This site was very useful as I was looking at various SLs, but I have a question: what are the best tires to run on the 107 and specifically the 450SL? I am usually a Michelin fan, but am open to suggestions. This car will need a set of tires in the near future.

So far though, my impressions of the '79 450 are very favorable. Despite the fact that this car is 24 years old, it drives better than many newer cars...especially convertibles I've driven a number of later model Mercedes (SLK230, SL500, S420, E320, CLK320, 400E, C280, etc..) over the years (working as an auto writer), and nothing compares to the way an M-B feels on the road. I'm glad these older Benzes are no exception.

Looking forward to being a regular on the R107 forum.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
560sec
52 Posts
Yeah I have just come in from a long drive of mine and i just can't get over what a ref...

Yeah I have just come in from a long drive of mine and i just can't get over what a refined ride the Benz is - it is just good at everything [ except fuel economy]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts