Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03 G500 & 95 E320 Wagon
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy new Tires for my 2003 G500. I am approaching 38k miles. Does anyone have any auggestions for all around good tire? I have stock rims.

I tried doing a search, but most of the forum was about larger tires or blizzacks (which are awesome, but not that practical here)

Thank you in advance.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
What kind of driving do you do? I have the BFGoodrich all terrain tires, but there are other manufactures out there.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
JRW - 4/7/2005 6:04 PM

I need to buy new Tires for my 2003 G500. I am approaching 38k miles. Does anyone have any auggestions for all around good tire? I have stock rims.

I tried doing a search, but most of the forum was about larger tires or blizzacks (which are awesome, but not that practical here)

Thank you in advance.

Jeremy
Take a look at www.tirerack.com, one of the site advertisers. They have a decent selection.

DUTCH (Shill for advertisers.[}:)])

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
if you want to spend less money than on the stock yoko's tirerack is a good place to start. If you really want a tire that is more of an A/T than a H/T there simply are aboslutely zero options i've found in the stock size. Your nearest possible option to stock is the Toyo Open Country A/T at 285/60r18 which is up about one inch in diameter over stock. It's the smallest a/t i found that isn't actually at least 1 inch smaller than stock, which i assume is also not acceptable.

If i were keeping my 18's for whatever reason, i'd get the toyo's. Per reports here, the nitto's seem to be more like 33's even though they're spec'd the same as the toyos. The nitto's have had mixed results with the ESP system. The bfg's are also basically 33's which i presume is still too big for you... although they do fit.

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
Tires for stock rims in stock size:
Bridgestone Dueler H/P
Bridgestone Dueler HTS (stock in Europe i think)
Yokohamas Geolander H/T G038 (stock in USA)
Yokohamas Geolander H/T-S
Kumho ECSTA STX
BFG Radial Long Trail T/A

·
Registered
2000 G500
29 Posts
JRW,
Is this a daily driver? I am in Seattle also.
After doing a lot of research, I settled on the Bridgestone Dueler H/P's
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
gpg500 - 4/8/2005 2:51 AM

JRW,
Is this a daily driver? I am in Seattle also.
After doing a lot of research, I settled on the Bridgestone Dueler H/P's
Just my 2 cents...
Having had both on my truck, my experience is that the Yokos are far superior to the Bridgestones - especially if pulling a trailer with any tongue weight. The Bridgestones have a very low maximum tire pressure - too low for any added weight on the back; which is probably one of the reasons that DCAG changed from the Bridgestones to the Yokos at the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts