Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E55 / 2003 G500 / 2011 BMW M3
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to put new "dogs" on my 2000 e55.

current (stock) size tires are staggered - 245/40/18 front, 275/35/18 rear.

THINKING - 250 or 255/35/18 front, and 285/30/18 rear ? It looks like there will be no problem fitting the wider rears, but the front tires look a little tight already - anybody been down this road ? What fits ?

ALSO - wish my baby was 1/2" - 5/8" lower. Whats the most effective way to accomplish that ? THX ALL.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
I would not recommend doing what is called a "plus Zero" tire size on your E55 and as fa...

I would not recommend doing what is called a "plus Zero" tire size on your E55 and as far as lowering you can do it a couple of differetn ways ....

#1 by changing the spring pads you can achieve some minimum lowering (possibly up to 1/2")

#2 some performance lowering springs would offer a little more lowering and still retain good ride quality but, slightly firmer than stock

you can use this link to find suspension products
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=CQ4&url=/suspension/index.jsp

·
Registered
2000 E55 / 2003 G500 / 2011 BMW M3
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Luke - I've seen numerous E55's with 19" wheels and plus size tires, ...

Thanks for the input Luke - I've seen numerous E55's with 19" wheels and plus size tires, but was unsure about plus zero concept on my stock AMG 18" wheels.

I think I will still go with 285/30/18 in the rear. Looks like no possible interference back there, and the 285 size is a fairly common Porsche size now.

I will stay with the stock size in the front - that looks too tight already.

Anybody else have any feedback from experience ?...

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
by putting a wider rear tire on and keep ing the same fron size you will be inccreasing un...

by putting a wider rear tire on and keep ing the same fron size you will be inccreasing understeer in the car .... again I wouldn't recommned it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts