Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
04 C230 Kompressor
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get my All Season floor mats looking sharp. They were pretty dismal looking when I got then out of the plastic wrapping when new & ave not improved much since; even though the get scrubbed weekly. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
04 C230 Kompressor
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmmmmm. Wouldn't that leave traces of the silicone all over the car?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rubber has oxidized, just the nature of the beast really.

I personally would not dress them as this may lead to a dangerous and slippery surface.

I had a detailer tell me that he used Oxy-clean on a customers faded mats and it really brought back the color..does it work? I have no personal experience with it but it shouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Anthony

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
198 Posts
I put mine in the washing machine, 'it got them really clean', 'I like to hear that soapy water slosh', 'come on baby, let's do the wash' --- but seriously, the foam rubber backing (which was coming apart anyway) disintegrated, but who cares, the mats were spotless and now they lay perfectly flat. But I'd make that the point of last resort. I used 409 carpet cleaner and a towel (and elbow grease) on the rear mats and those fancy-schmancy foot rest thingies and it worked perfectly, too!

·
Registered
04 C230 Kompressor
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, but I meant the rubber mats not the carpet ones.
Fancy me putting my rubber mats in the washing machine. Wife will put my clothes in the trunk & shut the door on me; or demand a new machine.

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
198 Posts
I am one stupid puppy!!!! [:eek:)] I read all this thread and thought spraying carpets with tire cleaner seemed odd, but considering what some people do to their cars, I said, hey....! Luckily I didn't try it on mine. And another thing ... about your wife coming between you and what's best for your car --- just smack her around a little --- (ugh, oh) only kidding honey [B)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts