Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught a spike in a rear tire of my 2001 silver/silver charcoal the other day. the tire was distroyed. Was i surprised that it cost me $414 bucks to buy a new rear dunlap. Does anybody know of a better price on tires. I'm told that i can expect about 20000 miles on this set so I'm concerned about the expense of 4 new tires next year.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob, sorry to hear about your tire.......

I think 400.00 is too much for a 275x35x18 tire. I just replaced a 245x35x19 tire for 270.00 dollars. I have Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's and they dont come cheap but might be more economical than the Dunlaps you have.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Try Costco

You can order tires at Costco for quite a savings.<br> <br> I bought 4 Bridgestone Potenzas 285/35/ZR17s and 245ZR17s out the door for $740 for my Corvette.<br> <br> I know they sell Michelins and am pretty sure they also sell Dunlops.<br> <br> They also took extra care with my Vette putting it on/off the lift. (I watched them like closely and nervously) Guess they don't get many nicer cars in there. Mostly mommy-vans I suppose.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Does Costco sell 18 inch tires?????

I just can't see COSTCO's prices for performance tires coming anything near the prices being offered at Tire Rack or Discount Tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts