Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
E55 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and note that members of this forum are very experienced with AMG Mercedes.
I just purchased a 99' E55 last week and yesterday, I brought the car to a wheel fitter to put in a set of Brabus Monoblock VI. I went out to test the car afterwards but found out that the rear tires are touching the wheel arch (making a horrible sqeak)whenever I applied full throtle on uneven road! The wheel sizes are: Front:8.5Jx18 ET35; Rear:9.5Jx18 ET35.
Are these sizes appropriate for the 99' E55? Is there any way I can correct this problem? I shall be grateful if someone could help me out on this issue. Many thanks.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Have you tried rolling the fenders?...

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and note that members of this forum are very experienced with AMG Mercedes.
I just purchased a 99' E55 last week and yesterday, I brought the car to a wheel fitter to put in a set of Brabus Monoblock VI. I went out to test the car afterwards but found out that the rear tires are touching the wheel arch (making a horrible sqeak)whenever I applied full throtle on uneven road! The wheel sizes are: Front:8.5Jx18 ET35; Rear:9.5Jx18 ET35.
Are these sizes appropriate for the 99' E55? Is there any way I can correct this problem? I shall be grateful if someone could help me out on this issue. Many thanks.
It sounds like the rear tires are touching the inside lips of the rear fenders, causing the rubbing noises. I'm surprised that your wheel fitter didn't notice it upon installation. In any case, perhaps if you roll the fenders lips, if they're not already rolled, this would help to alleviate the problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
E55 AMG
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved

Many thanks. I called up Brabus USA today and was advised that the wheel fitter has put in a wrong size spacer (25mm). I was advised that the max size of the spacer is 5mm for the rear and front wheels, and I can even bolt on the wheels without spacers.

Now that I am done with the wheels, can anyone advised me of any ECU upgrade kit which works and are reliable for my E55? Many thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts