Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I got a 03 s500. Just ordered some 20x8.5 fronts and 20x10 rears. They are Mandrus wheels. I like a little bit of the stretched tire look, what tire sizes could I run to achieve a "safe" stretch? What would be the recomended non stretched tire sizes? Thanks!

·
Registered
Mercedes Tires and Wheels
774 Posts
We would be happy to help.

Just a couple questions first...

1) What offsets did you purchase front and rear?
2) Is your S500 AWD or RWD?

-Matt

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'd go with a 245/35R20 Front and 285/30R20 rear. If you want a more stretched look go with a 235/35R20 front and 275/30R20 rear and choose a Falken tire. Falken tends to run a little narrower than others and that will help you get a stretched look without compromising safety.

Here's a link to search tires by size: Tire Search - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help so far. Could I run 235/35/20 in the from and 255/35/20 in the rear? How would that look?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hmmm, so the front tire sidewall should be taller than the rear? Or should they both be the same? Ive never quite understood that aspect if you could educate me. Thanks once again

Basically to be more clear, I want to run a 255/35/20 in the rear and want to run a ___/35/20 in the front. I want the front and rear to be equally stretched with equal sidewall height

·
Registered
774 Posts
The 235/35R20 front and 275/30R20 rear is what's best for what you are looking to do. On your vehicle it's best to keep the rolling diameter on the tires the same front to rear. You can use the tire size calculator in our signature below to compare these two tire sizes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts