Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I'm wrong...but the c300 4matic sport has staggered rims. How are they supposed to be rotated? Since we can't swap the front with the back...do we swap left and right? That wont help much unless there is a problem with the camber. Is that our only option?

·
Registered
2011 E350 Sport
148 Posts
You really should not exchange radial tires from left to right or right to left. On previous BMWs I was told not to rotate tires. I have the C300 sport with stag'rd wheels and they can not be rotated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to the Tire Rack side to side rotation is acceptable as long as the tires are non-directional.
Tire Rotation Instructions:
Tire Tech Information - Tire Rotation Instructions

Quote:

"Today’s performance tire and wheel trends have provided the need for two additional tire rotation patterns.

* The "Front-to-Rear" (Figure D) pattern may be used for vehicles equipped with the same size directional wheels and/or directional tires.
* A "Side-to-Side" (Figure E) pattern may be used for vehicles equipped with different sized non-directional tires and wheels on the front axle compared to the rear axle.

If the last two rotation patterns do not provide even wear, dismounting, mounting and rebalancing will be necessary to rotate the tires.

Vehicles that use different sized directional wheels and tires, and/or wheels with different front and rear offsets with directional tires will require dismounting, mounting, and rebalancing to rotate tires."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts