Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
SOLD: 99 SLK230 K 96 C220 K 06 E200 K
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since SLK has different size on front and rear tires, it would involve more than just swap the 4 wheels. All tires must be removed and reinstalled.
Plus, I can only do front left <--> front right and rear left <--> rear right.....
Seems to be much hassle to do this. What do you think?
(BTW, do I need re-balance and re-alignment after this?)[?]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
The front and rear rims have different offset values, too. All 4 of my tires are the same size, so I thought I'd be able to do it until I found out about the offset.

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
Nope, I dont' do it. I guess it might be beneficial to switch side to side, but it's just too much hastle to have the tires unmounted and mounted on the other side.

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
Nope, I dont' do it. I guess it might be beneficial to switch side to side, but it's just too much hastle to have the tires unmounted and mounted on the other side.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
yeah really can't do it. u will have to change the rear tire twice before you change the front tire. but just make sure u put same brand/tread tires on or handling will be compromised.

well...if you have non-directional tires u can change from side to side but my SPORT package came with different width and directional tires which won't allow ANY type of tire rotation

·
Registered
SOLD: 99 SLK230 K 96 C220 K 06 E200 K
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I think I'm part of the group then [:)]
I think most of the tires now (at least, on all of my vehicles) are directional tires, which make it impossible to do "ideal" rotation [:)]

·
Registered
99 slk 230 sport
144 Posts
I have the same front and rear (directional), so I just did a front - rear swap. Good since my rear were very worn compared to my front. I didn't buy these wheels, how do I check the offset? They look fine and the ride feels the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts