Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 ML350 Bluetech / 2010 ML350 Bluetech
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to replace my Outer Tie rod ends & drivers inner tie rod end on my 430 this past weekend, and had an alignment scheduled for today. Once i finished with the replacements my steering wheel was about 20-25 deg. of center when i took it for the first drive. On the second driver my BAS/ESP Light came on. I was hoping that this had something to do with my steering wheel being so far off center, but now that my alignment is complete, it is still on. I don't remember knocking any of the speed sensors, and checked all the wiring to them. THe only thing that would have been out of the ordinary when I had it on stands I had turned the wheels by hand from side to side as i was moving from one end to the other... Could this have caused an issue? When turning the wheels, it also pushed all the power steering fluid back into the resovoir, which i found kind of odd...but i have heard that is common....

Is there anything else that could have caused my issue. I had asked the dealer to look at it during the alignment, but the SA forgot to write it on the work order. I have a 8 hour drive to do tonight and won't be back for a week or so, so i don't want to have any problems!!

Lastly, is there anyway I can reset that light myself? Unhook the battery etc? would the light stay on, even if the problem has gone?

Edit:

I had also had a problem with my brake light switch sticking a little while ago, I didn't replace it, just unstuck it and lubbed it a bit. When it happened the indication was that my brake lights didn't work. This instance my brake lights are still working... Could the light be on from the brake light switch being faulty? and if so, is it possible to have that code and have the Brake lights still work?
Thanks in advance for your Help!

·
Registered
2011 ML350 Bluetech / 2010 ML350 Bluetech
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update on this.. I was going to go out and try the steering Sensor reset... and the light is now off.. so i don't really know what the issue was, we will see if it comes back on in the near future!! Thanks for all the reads!

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
It should reset by turning the wheel lock to lock 3-4 times and the system will calibrate
to the steering column sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts