Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2008 E63 wagon calls for the 245/40R18 tire size. As I just bought it, I am considering changing out the 3 year old Yokohama tires it came with. I am a fan of Michelin tires, but I'm not married to them and would welcome suggestions. One thing, can I go one side wider and is it of any benefit? I have no tire issues currently, the Yokohama's handle just fine with no vibration or obvious wear, just considering improvements. Thoughts?

Thanks. Art

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Dubai. Hot roads, no rain. Relatively straight roads and higher speeds.

·
Registered
E320 2005
75 Posts
what speeds and any curvey roads at all,, i was once in Saudi,, a i remember it was straight all the way

i think if you pick any summer tire within the speed range you should be fine,,,
check the speed rating on the present tires ,, they should be ok for 3 more yrs if not worn thru

thats what i would do

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,855 Posts
On the E63 I work on and almost bought the rears are 265/35-18.
Is this car running staggered sizes with the 245/40-18 on the front
and the 265/35-18 on the rear?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,855 Posts
With that staggered setup you will not be able to
rotate the tires for obvious reasons.
Routine alignments and inspections of the suspension
should be carried out to avoid premature wear of pricey
tires.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought and mounted new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires yesterday. So far so good. They seem like a nice tire that will work well on the roads here. As a person obsessed with maintenance, I will replace all of the air bags and shocks as well as all of the ball joints and suspension bits, just for fun. I have ordered a new belt, tensioner and idler pulleys as well. Parts are ordered and will be here in the next week or two. I changed all of the fluids and filters, but plan on changing them all again after 1000 miles of driving, considering the first changes a flush. The car is 13 years old with 99000 km (60,000 miles) on the clock. Not many miles, but time alone is reason enough to go overboard. This car appears to have lived indoors and was well loved, but I am not leaving anything to chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts