Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question in regard to those of you using a 19" wheel and tire combo. Do you run a specific amount of air pressure ? If you do, what differences have noticed using heavier versus lighter pressure. Let's say between 30 and 40lbs. I play around with pressure on my car to see if the car feels firmer or smoother. I wanted to know everyones' opinion so I welcome any thoughts.

Mark

·
Registered
99 CLK 430
5 Posts
Tire Pressure

I have 19inch Carrlson 2/5 with Dunlop 9000's. I keep 51 pounds of cold pressure in them - which is recommended by the installers. You don't want the wheels riding too low to the pavment.

I have tried lower pressures and the car handles much better at the max tire pressure.

KT

·
Registered
I'm surrounded ;)
12 Posts
Markdm3,

Keep them low only if you want to go drag racing. ;) I'd keep them in the mi...

Markdm3,

Keep them low only if you want to go drag racing. ;) I'd keep them in the mid to high 40's for optimal street driving. What kind of tires are you running by the way?

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tire Pressure

I've been tinkering around with it. I've kept it as low as the mid thirties and the car felt sluggish. I moved up to 40lbs and the car feels better so I just want to get a feel for what everyone else is doing.
I am running Yokohamas AVS sport tires.

Mark

·
Registered
01 CLK55
18 Posts
i run 36/38 cold front/rear on stock Michelin's for my CLK55

i run 36/38 cold front/rear on stock Michelin's for my CLK55

·
Premium Member
CLK / ML
4,077 Posts
I run 40psi all around. To me it's a good balance of performance and comfort. Remember that the more pressure you have (not more than max though), the less likely you'll get bent by potholes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts