Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the correct tire pressure for the front and back wheels I have a 560sl my tires are rated max 44psi

·
Registered
80 Posts
29 psi front and 35 psi rear as per the decal inside the fuel filler door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The sticker on the driver's side door jam confirms the normal for your car at 29 psi front and 35 psi rear in case you need another source.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
There's also a recommendation for putting in aottle bit extra if you plan on going over 100 mph. Like .2 bar? I would confirm on the sticker.

I like it because it makes the ride slightly firmer and less doughy. Probably get like .02 mpg increase .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would agree with okyoureabeast. Today's modern tire do well at higher pressures and are a lot better performing than P6's were in the 80's. If you are running 15's or even 16's I would consider 32-34 front and 36 rear. It feels better in the steering wheel. If you want a smooth luxury ride, then new Bilstein's and stock tire pressure

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Tire pressures are indicated on the filler door on my 380. It is a matrix, summer/winter and above/below 100 mph, in terms of plus or minus. IOW, the correct pressure is not shown, I have to calculate it. But I always drove it a little soft for the potholes and such around town, 30/32.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The pressures noted on the stickers are manufacturer's recommendations, but it should be clear to everyone that each of us are able to inflate these recommendations until the tires explode, or deflate them until they're absolutely flat!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I'm currently running 35 psi front and back but will be experimenting and trying the sticker #'s to see if that improves handling. Current handling is decent but I still have just a wee bit of tramlining/wandering. 380sl running 225 50 16 tires all the way around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts