SLK 230
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one installed?

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
No, but for anyone with an aftermarket system installed, I'm curious as to how well it works.

I read several months ago that factory-installed tire pressure monitoring systems cause more warranty repairs/shop visits than any other component on cars so-equipped.

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
I've been using PressurePro system for about a year now.
Cost me about $450 for 8 wheels (motorhome).
I love it.
The panel is having display for 2 vehicles up to 32 wheels (or more -I remember it is more, than I ever plan to have). If you drive in setup (motorhome and toad, or tow vehicle and trailer) all it takes is press the button twice to suspend the vehicle you are living behind on the parking lot.
I love it.
In the past I lost the tire on duallies as well on the trailer and only coincidence saved me from loosing twin tires at the time.
I am switching the sensors between the vehicles I drive. Usually it is 90 second job. All it takes is remember the positions of the sensors and they automatically reset to the new wheel pressure.
Did I say I love it?

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Tungster just had it installed on his car.

I have considered doing it off and on for the last couple of years. One thing that I noted when I was looking at the systems is that there is a large difference in quality & accuracy between the different offerings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts