Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
s500
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2003 S500 4matic. I want to put the new AMG wheels on the car. Can anybody file me in on why up these wheels can't be used. Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 ML550,
32 Posts
tire pressure monitoring

Robert, I am not sure of the specific question so I will try to guess. In order for the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)to work, 3 main components have to be present: a) the signal receptor in the dash, and it must be activated(standard) b) an antenna in each wheel well to receive the signal from the tire and c) an actual tire pressure sending unit must be installed inside the tire on each rim as part of the tire valve assembly. These components are factory installed. If you buy AMG wheels after delivery, you are probably looking at mega bucks (even if possible) to install the sending units on each wheel plus the receiving antenna in each wheel well. Your best bet is to order it from the factory for the system to be installed during the build process. If your S500 however, already has the TPMS, but the standard rims and tires, then it may be possible to transfer the wheel mounted sending units to AMG wheels you purchase after delivery.

·
Registered
s500
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tire pressure monitoring

Thank you. The car was ordered with the TPM on it but standard wheels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TPC

absolutly possiable
i do them all the time
tire monitor mounts in the valve stem hole
and can be taken out with small socket, be carful with the seal around valve stem, and make sure to
put that monitor and rim back in origional position
read your manual and reset tpc
somtimes it takes 30 miles
if your going to attempt to put the sl 55 rims on it
it cant be done, offset is incorrect from what i hear
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts