Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, posting for a friend he is looking at a set of 20x10 wheels and is pretty set on getting them for his 06 ml 350. The question is, is it possible to run two different tire sizes, one for the front and one for the rear? He was leaning towards say a 285-295/45-50/20 for the rears and then maybe a 265/40-45-50/20 for the front. Would this make sense or should all the tire sizes be the same on all four wheels? Also, if the tire sizes are all wrong, i.e. they wont fit on the stock suspension or there is a better choice for the tire options, please feel free to post them up. Thanks in advance!

Mercedes Tires and Wheels
773 Posts
Hello, posting for a friend he is looking at a set of 20x10 wheels and is pretty set on getting them for his 06 ml 350. The question is, is it possible to run two different tire sizes, one for the front and one for the rear? He was leaning towards say a 285-295/45-50/20 for the rears and then maybe a 265/40-45-50/20 for the front. Would this make sense or should all the tire sizes be the same on all four wheels? Also, if the tire sizes are all wrong, i.e. they wont fit on the stock suspension or there is a better choice for the tire options, please feel free to post them up. Thanks in advance!
I replied to your PM in a little more detail but just so others know. You really do not want to stagger your tire sizes on any AWD vehicle. A 20x10 on your vehicle is doable with the right offset. I recommend looking into 275/40R20 or 275/45R20 for tire sizes.

:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts