Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There, first post here. Purchased my ML this summer, got a great deal and am absolutely loving this thing (except maybe the MPG in the snow, but oh well, don't get stuck going up the drive anymore) I have a 99 ML320. 69300 miles on it. Just got my act together to get new tires because today's 2" of snow/slush reminded me how little tread was left. Called up Costco to schedule my mounting, only to find out they have discontinued the Michelin Cross Terrains!!! These are the tire I currently have on the truck, and they work great on and off the road. Does anyone know if the Michelin Latitudes are really equals, especially off road? Or for a 2nd choice how about the Yokohama Geo's??

Advice is very welcome.

***Best Accessory so far, a cover everything (almost) extended warranty and great dealership service center***

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Latitude's are a upfeade on-road...

On-the-road Latitudes are a upgrade, pricey, for anything other than mud they should be OK off-road...

If you are serious about off-road then I would check out other tires, even BFG

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
They discontinued making them or Costco just stopped stocking them?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the responses.

I think Costco is just not carrying them (sucks, they are 2 minutes from my house and give lifetime service). Called the closest Discount Tire last night and spoke with a young man that I think needed instruction on where the tires go on a vehicle, but I may head over there and check things out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Have you tried ordering on their website.

I know that was looking at getting new tires, the Cross-terrains weren't available in store but were available online.

You have order them online and have them shipped and installed at the store.

I don't know if the online situation has changed - but maybe you want to check it out.

I wound up getting Latitudes - great tires, haven't tried them off-road however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts