Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
i am about to meet with the seller tomorrow . besides checking carfax any tips on what to look for is greatly appreciated
thank you !!!

mileage 117115
$9300 obo
california car

the add goes:
"This is very clean, garage kept, adult owned, lower mileage E55 that has never been modified.
This car still smells new inside.

This car has been meticulously maintained and needs nothing.
I have a binder full of receipts for this car from when it was new.
I just had brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires installed at America's Tire.

I just came back from a three week trip to Japan and the car did not leak any air(or anything for that matter) at all.
The airmatic suspension is in perfect working order.
The SBC pump has also been replaced under a ten year/unlimited mileage recall put out by Mercedes Benz.

The reason the car is for sale is because we're getting a new one and don't have the garage space for both.
We've had several AMG Mercedes and two E55's. This car is the definition of a truly clean E55 that has not been abused.
If you're interested please feel free to call or text me any time

$9,300 OBO
As you can see, it's priced to sell!"

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Check for the radiator. If the "bent tab" check the transmission fluid for glycol contamination using glycol strips. If any contamination due to leaking radiator, the transmission clutch packs will (not maybe) fail.

Price and mileage look reasonable. Expect to perform some maintenance on it after purchase. These are not cheap cars to maintain.

See my post linked below and follow the links in it to the info that can assist you.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/706446-question-purchasing-e55-amg.html#post7445493

Oh yeah. The fuel filter/pumps system can bite you in the ass. Be sure to check and or replace the fuel pump relay located under the panel on the passenger side rear of the car. Better yet, upgrade to a 70-amp relay; I have posts on the other forum about the relay issues.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/668117-w211-e55-fuel-pump-relay-fuse-maintenance.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
bbirdwell
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing