Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm new to the forum and new to Mercedes Benz too, been always a BMW owner)))

i'm willing to buy s500 model 2001, any tips when buying it more that the regular check up for the car, things that would be hidden for newbies to Mercedes ?

avito.ru/saratov/avtomobili/mercedes-benz_s-klass_2001_1797927802

that link is for the car, it's a Russian website , but the photos are not in Russian :D :D

it's written that the car needs the following :

1- lowers the right side of the pneuma
2- 2 ignition coils
3- a small rubber band on the suspension

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,288 Posts
A small rubber band on the suspension? I'm wondering why anyone would do that. I haven't checked out that Web site yet, but my suspicion is that it probably needs significant suspension work. That, or they're using a rubber band to hold something steady for which there ordinarily is a bolt to hold it.

The fact that the right side of the "pneuma" is low, that tells me it will likely need some AIRmatic work.

Ignition coils, it could be those, or it could be the spark plugs, or it could be both. The project 2000 S500 needed the ignition coils on cylinders 5 and 6 replaced, so I did the entire cylinder bank; this was shortly after replacing all 16 spark plugs with new OE ones.

·
Registered
2001 S430
373 Posts
That car is modified and that stereo does not work on a can network, so you would really need to take a hard look over it. Once modified generally wires have been cut parts swapped out and may or maynot be the actual part that goes in. DIY and all that good stuff. Plus you don't have a pocket scanner to see what is going on with the car. Only their word and the famous " I have a few buyers ready to buy this car so you should pick it up quick before they decide to buy" blah blah blah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts