Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone have any tips for stopping my windscreen washers from freezing. I've tried neat solution in the bottle but they still freeze.

Help pls!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have done that with all my cars, apart from my last car as it had heated jets anyway.

I just go to my local fish shop (not Fish and Chips) and buy a good length of clear rubber piping and some inline connectors.
Cut the washer pipe in the engine bay.
Fit an inline connector and the long length of piping.
Wrap this new bit of pipe round and round a nice large radiator pipe (Not too close or touching the actual engine).
Connect the other end back to the existing car piping and job done.
Do it well enough and neatly enough, it will look OE too.

You then get nice hot water to help clean your windscreen all year round for the cost of about £7.50 !

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not only does it help loads in the winter, but hot water will also help clear everyday traffic grime easier and better too.

I'm in the process of writing a load of FAQ's because trying to find information in this forum is like getting blood from a stone.

I will add this to the list.
I will also be taking photos of everything I do as so many "how to's" don't have photos and personally I find following photos easier than words.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
V220 CDI AMBIENTE
25 Posts
i use some screenwash that lidl sell .its from germany and rated down to -25. never had the nozzles freeze yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts