Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I scanned thru the old threads but did not find the information that i was looking for.

I am in a market for a used E55 (00-02) and would like to know to look for. Is there any well knonw issues in this car? I currently own SLK320 and know every little problems that ever exist in this model and I am sure there has to be minor issues in E55.
I dont believe there was any changes between 00 and 02 models.

Also, is $40K for 00 model w/25K miles resonable?
Thanks for your tips in advance.
P.S: if you have one for sale, feel free to contact me /realcalvin @ hot mail . com

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
104 Posts
there are no known mechanical issues that are prevalent to all the cars. Anything wrong w...

there are no known mechanical issues that are prevalent to all the cars. Anything wrong with your particular car will be an anomaly.

You will have to determine if the car has been crashed, race or abused on your own. Good Luck.

Yes, $40k for a 2000 with 25k miles is a good deal. A good deal is anything close to trade-in value. I would check values on:

www.kbb.com
www.nada.com
www.edmunds.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Silver with silver/black interior for sale.

2001 E55 AMG. 33,600 miles. Heated/Ventilated sport seats. Original MSRP was over $72k. Mine out the door was 78.

Looking for $44,990. Mine is the lowest priced 01 E55 on Autotrader within 300 miles of Detroit.

I replaced the Dunlops with Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons (AS), close to $1400 worth of tires last winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts