Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks.

As many of you know I tend to shop there predominantly for things for my car.

However, I've noticed a couple of things about their "catalog" that I thought I would share with you.

First, and probably (to me) the most surprising, is that you can't find all their parts in the normal method of entering your car details and parsing their menus. For example if you're looking for a joint repair kit for a rear drive axle, you won't find it by looking through their car systems. Instead, look it up through the EPC and then input the number into their little search window, and voila, there it is ($61 if anyone cares, lol).

Second, and related to the first, is that there are some parts that I know from experience have a tendency to get confusing, like oxygen sensors. Rather than parsing the menus at autohaus, go to Bosch's web site and use the vehicle parts finder and it will return the part number(s), which you can then use to search at autohaus. Same thing for the Bosch universal O2 sensors, but that's a combination of both tips because for some reason autohaus doesn't always list those.

Hey, is it worth the extra effort? That all depends on your preference. For the same part with the same great service and free shipping deals I've yet to see anyone beat them, so for me, sure it is.

Also, these tips will work on some other sites, but they have to tie their database to those OE numbers, and many do not. So try it with your favorite, if it works you're golden, if not...so be it. ;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
03 E320 4M Wagon & 97 E320
3,926 Posts
Good tips, Greg.

These "kits" are always good deals. For most stuffs, I always use EPC first to make sure the latest part numbers and then use the OE part numbers. EPC always "string" these parts in a kit together.

Lately, however, I have been using BMA Auto Parts | Bumper to Bumper since 1978 | Oem auto parts, vw parts, sachs boge, mercedes benz parts, honda auto parts, saab parts. This is a smaller vendor and the owner (Patrick) is very nice. I usually go to his website to see what I wanted using OE part numbers. Then I email Patrick just telling the names of the parts I wanted and the total price. He comes back with the items and I compare with what I got off the website. He is fully aware of the autohausaz price and has no problem beating them.

Another good thing is that he can get you OE, OEM, or German aftermarket for many parts and give you advice if the after market stuffs are good or not. He will give you the price for each and you can decide. Last month, I got Meyle rear rotors (aftermarket) for $28 for my wagon based on his good experience. Although I do not have too many miles on these rotors yet but they felt very well made and now I do not have the warped rotor pulsation anymore. I got the PBR Deluxe plus pads at the same time and they were $22.

There are a few in my PM/email circle who have done the same and seem satisfied.

I have always wanted to post this but thought it might be improper because I am saying good things about a particular vendor. I have no interest or receive nothing from him.

I thought it ties into what you have said here so I tell my story

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lou, JMHO, but I don't think you ever need to feel conflicted about posting recommendations for places that treat your right. Hopefully everyone understands that I get nothing from autohausaz.com except great prices and service on parts I need, but the reason I mention them is because I know when I refer people to them they will get treated fairly.

Coincidentally I'm going to be doing front brakes in the near future and will give his place a look for a few things and bookmark it otherwise.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,182 Posts
Not that long ago those sites had Crankshaft Position Sensor and Camshaft Position Sensor listed as the same part.
The technology became more and more demanding and not all folks are able to follow up.
Than I had instances where the part number taken from Russian site didn't match the US market. It is all in matter who you are talking too.
Than it was AhAZ who sold me window regulator slider and had no idea what model it suppose to fit.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ Yet one more reason I don't use the Russian site. I don't know why anyone here who wants to DIY and is in the US does NOT sign up for the free EPC. :confused:

And I can't blame AZ for not knowing what that would fit, we really don't either since you have to disassemble it and throw part of it away to use it in our application, right? ;)

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,182 Posts
And I can't blame AZ for not knowing what that would fit, we really don't either since you have to disassemble it and throw part of it away to use it in our application, right? ;)
Can't I? I did my part and made unworkable working.
They still sell the part that doesn't fit the model they say it suppose to fit.
And no, I am not expecting them to be smarter than we are :D
... although it would be nice

·
Registered
03 E320 4M Wagon & 97 E320
3,926 Posts
Yes, we really need to be careful as what we order.

A couple years ago, I thought it was a good idea to keep a voltage regulator in my 1997 E320 so I ordered one from autohausaz. There is only one there and it is this Bosch VR:

Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

Just this past spring, I discovered my alternator is made by Valeo so that VR does not fit. Since I order a couple years ago I did not bother to contact them and I still have this VR in my parts box.

The autohausaz catalog fail to say that some 1997 E320s have Valeo alternator so that is not for all cars.

Now I see there is a sentence saying it is for Bosch alternators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts