Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320, 2000 Audi TT Quattro, 1996 Acura NSX-T
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday I am in for 15% on the front two windows, lifetime warrenty, etc etc. $73.00 including tax out of the door. Thought it was a pretty good price, there was a place $10 cheaper, but time considerations did not work in their favor. I want to match the front 2 windows to the rear.

In my TT I have 18% all around and it is perfect. It seems darker then the rear of the ML, but I think the ML allows more light in though the sunroof, front windows, size of the windows themselves, and that the interior is gray... rather then black.

Will post pics once it gets done! Do a search for Tint here, it took a good part of the day to get though it all to find out the right % and weed though all the "its illegal" posts :)

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,806 Posts
I had my front windows tinted right after I bought the ML. I don’t recall the percentage, but I went with “nearly legal”. The shop said most cops wouldn’t bother to test it because it looks light enough and also over time it would lighten just slightly and likely end up being legal within a year.

The problem I had was while it is possible to match the percentage of tint to the rear windows (which would be illegal), it is not possible to match the color because the front windows already heave a factory green tint. The shop actually showed me this by temporarily applying a tint swatch to match the percentage, and it was still an obvious difference. I figured if it wasn’t going to be an exact match, I might as well just go “nearly legal” and avoid any hassles. Here’s a photo of what mine looks like:

http://buymymclass.com/pages/CIMG1472.html

·
Registered
2000 ML320, 2000 Audi TT Quattro, 1996 Acura NSX-T
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha, thanks that does help! I want the windows though pretty dark, I love it in my TT and want to to carry over to the ML. Besides who knows what will be going on in there, or I might be carrying in there... don't want onlookers knowing ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts