Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a real pain in the ass as 2 of the nuts holding the tail lights in were stripped and I have no good tools (live in a condo). But with a few hours of struggling I got em out and tinted them.

They look pretty good but they aren't completly even , It was 230 in the morning and I was just ready to be done. I'll probably get some more VHT nightshades and even them out soon.

But anyways heres a few pics, i also finnally got it washed. I had to wait for a sunny day and we don't get too many in Seattle.

Notice the badly cracked bumper. If anyone has one for sale let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
The tails look good, I would have given the reverse section a coat or two as well. As for the bumper, why not just get it repaired? I know it will cost a bit, but wouldn't it be less than buying another one?

Well it was a real pain in the ass as 2 of the nuts holding the tail lights in were stripped and I have no good tools (live in a condo). But with a few hours of struggling I got em out and tinted them.

They look pretty good but they aren't completly even , It was 230 in the morning and I was just ready to be done. I'll probably get some more VHT nightshades and even them out soon.

But anyways heres a few pics, i also finnally got it washed. I had to wait for a sunny day and we don't get too many in Seattle.

Notice the badly cracked bumper. If anyone has one for sale let me know!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tails look good, I would have given the reverse section a coat or two as well. As for the bumper, why not just get it repaired? I know it will cost a bit, but wouldn't it be less than buying another one?
Do you know anywhere around here that will do that. I talked to someone and he said that they might be able to re-shoot the fiberglass. I just have no idea how to fix it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Repair shop

When I had my car broken into right after I got it over 2 1/2 years ago Autohound Collision Center was recommended and they did a very good job with the car. They are located in Seattle - 771 N. Valley Street, Suite 200 and their number is 206.284.6181

I know there are a lot of body shops around here, but they are the only one I had experience with and Phil Smart MB recommended them. Give then a shout and let us know what they have to say.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one question man how did u tint the tail lights? bought them tinted or?
VHT nightshades was what I used to tint them. You can find it is you google it. I believe it's also on ebay. Just make sure you do a real good job at masking off the parts you don't want to tint unless you plan on completly blacking them out. Also if you tend to spray too much like I do you might want to buy 2 cans

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I had my car broken into right after I got it over 2 1/2 years ago Autohound Collision Center was recommended and they did a very good job with the car. They are located in Seattle - 771 N. Valley Street, Suite 200 and their number is 206.284.6181

I know there are a lot of body shops around here, but they are the only one I had experience with and Phil Smart MB recommended them. Give then a shout and let us know what they have to say.
Thanks for the heads up I'll write that down. Do you know if they are resonable on price?

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I hear a hair dryer and fishing line work great. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear a hair dryer and fishing line work great. :D
I know I'll get that done soon. I just live in a condo and have nowhere to work on my car usually. I'm planning to get my new black mirrors, carbon fiber hood, Flat hood emblem, cf dash kit, illuminating door sills and a few other small parts installed soon so I might just have it done then. The parts are sitting in my office. Just trying to find someone who can do it without dropping a few grand.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Those lights are Sick. :thumbsup:

Did you spray em? Im thinking about doing this to mine but leaving the White part ... white. lol

how much was the things you used to get this? what ever it was haha:confused:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those lights are Sick. :thumbsup:

Did you spray em? Im thinking about doing this to mine but leaving the White part ... white. lol

how much was the things you used to get this? what ever it was haha:confused:
VHT nightshades is the tint I used, they have a website if you google it. I hear you can get it on ebay as well. Other than that just a shit load of masking tape a few hours and its an easy project

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's a 99 320. I need to get the badges taken off. I bought it with the AMG and 430 badges on it already and I hate them. I plan on shaving all the badges except the Mercedes logo.
I feel ya man... some people can tell just by the trim around your windows and the mirrors too... 99's did not have the mirror turnsignals yet.

as for the tint.... that looks really good. Im not sure if i'd do it with the black car though???

:confused: ???anybody have a pic with that? or think it would look good????:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts