Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rec'd word today from the import repair shop that my timing chain is broken. I searched the W203 forum but found almost no info probably b/c this part is never supposed to break, but of course mine did. Could be damage to the head/valves, mechanic is supposed to check into how much damage there is tomorrow. Can anyone give me even a ballpark if valves need replacing along with a new chain, etc? Is this going to be several thousand dollars minimum? I need to know if I should tell them to just stop working on it since I don't have the money to sink into it right now.

This car is the absolute worst piece of fucking shit car I have ever owned! I mean, come on, a MERCEDES-BENZ breaking a fucking timing chain??? WTF??? Timing chains are lifetime parts, and the car only has 106K on it. I take care of all my cars, why is the timing chain breaking? Does anyone think Mercedes North America would be sympathetic if they knew a timing chain broker, or would they tell me to go fuck myself? Anyone dealt with their customer service for incredible problems like this?

Someone please restore my faith in Mercedes and German cars for that matter. My Nissan and Toyota never gave me problems like this, even though they are both 20 years old!
Brent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine busted at 103 miles. It is best to just replace the engine with a used one. Have the timing chain replaced before it is installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts