Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
230E/230TE/S320/260E/320d
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a S320 and the car has done 76,000 miles. When does the timing chain or belt need changing?The car has full MB service history but it doesnt state any where about the change of timing belts. I have an old W123 230E which gives an indication of wear with a metalic noise, I wonder if the S320 is the same?

Thanx
Yohan

Wicked site by the way......[:)]

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
What is the recommended timing chain replacement time for the 500? I have 153k on mine, an...

What is the recommended timing chain replacement time for the 500? I have 153k on mine, and I'm planning a road trip that would put about 4,000 more miles on the car.

Also, my stuttering problem has stopped for some reason, but if I go around a turn sharp the engine still dops revs and dies. What the *##& is that about? I've noticed that when coming to a stop, the revs bounce between 500-900 until I come to a stop, then it evens out. Any ideas?

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Re: What is the recommended timing chain replacement time for the 500? I have 153k on mine, an

What is the recommended timing chain replacement time for the 500? I have 153k on mine, and I'm planning a road trip that would put about 4,000 more miles on the car.

Also, my stuttering problem has stopped for some reason, but if I go around a turn sharp the engine still dops revs and dies. What the *##& is that about? I've noticed that when coming to a stop, the revs bounce between 500-900 until I come to a stop, then it evens out. Any ideas?
When you are at complete halt, does the revs still go up and down? down so low as you would think that the engine is going to die?

If so, then i had a similar problem with my C280. It was the ignition coils and spark plugs.

///S320

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
Not at a complete halt, but you're the first person to actually give me a good response! I...

Not at a complete halt, but you're the first person to actually give me a good response! I'll take that as the problem. It acts like a coil failure anyway... Thanks a bunch!!

· Registered
230E/230TE/S320/260E/320d
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Timing belt reply

Thanx for the reply about the timing belt change, looks like I have about 20,000miles to go till the change.

Cheers

Yohan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.