Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 C320. I have decided to bite the bullet and buy either a timeport or V60 phone and install kit. There seems to be only about a $90 difference in price between the two from the dealer. Do any of you have an opinion whether the additional cost is worth it for the V60 phone. My dealer wants $1415 for the timeport phone and kit or $1505 for the V60 phone and kit. The dealer wants $220 for installation. Let me know if you are aware of a better price out there for either. Thanks

·
Registered
c240
2 Posts
v.60

I spent the money for the v.60 because after I reasearched my local celular providers I discover that in the Central Florida market where I live, the celular providers charged much higher rates to use the time port phone. Some kind of jibberish about the digital signal.

After I bit the bullet ($1,500.00) I'm very disapointed with the v.60 phone. The reception is poor inside the car (docked) and even poorer outside the care. Constantly getting dropped. The menus in the phone are poorly designed. It is cool to dial using the radio and stearing wheel commands, but I wish I had not spend the money.

In addition. I was curious if any v.60 phone would work with the docking system. It stands to reason it would as the phone is nothing special. I tested it recently with a standard v.60 (same service) the dam thing wouldn't work. Bottom line if you buy the phone and it breaks, you're screwed becasue you gotta get another MB phone for $500.00.

Don't get the phone, it's not worth it and it's a piece of crap.

·
Registered
C240 Sport
10 Posts
I didn't buy the MB one but got a standard v.60 and it has the same problems. I thought ...

I didn't buy the MB one but got a standard v.60 and it has the same problems. I thought it was due to my service...guess not. The phone IS a piece of crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts