Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
I'm still here, I visit all three now, more posts to repeat myself in :) I still find this one the most active, mbworld is more towards the mod happy crowd, although not as active, just not many people mod their benzo's, I guess. The secret site has only a few members, although very informative, I think everybody will eventually come back here.

·
Registered
2006 Brabus B55
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tailspin said:
Beleriand, I got my SLK55 at about the same time you did, and am toying with the idea of performance mods. My MB dealer is a Renntech installer & one of their combinations (airbox, headers, ecu) is similar to your posted B55 hp/torque. Granted there will be some differences as their methods vary, but what can you say about the difference in feel between stock & 400 hp? I didn't see LSD on your list. Do you have trouble controlling wheel spin?
I feel a tremendous difference between the stock 355 hp and the 400 hp after the mods. It is like night and day. I also got the torque up to 397 so I have tremendous power off the line. It pushed the car's potential top speed over 200 mph and I hit 0-60 in under 4.0 seconds. I get a lot of wheel spin, but nothing that I can't handle. If you turn the ESP off, the car is a fish-tailing bad boy!

I did not opt for the LSD. With BRABUS, they ship it to Germany, work on it there, and ship it back. It takes about a month and costs $14,000. I decided to spend my money elsewhere.

I don't know that much about Renntech. There is this guy over on mbworld.com named Adam. He works for a place in Northern California called Kronen. They do Renntech mods. He would be the person to ask about that. Here is a link to one of his recent posts:

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149385

He can answer all of your questions.

Take care and good luck with your mods.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts