Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Brabus B55
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been coming to benzworld.com since I bought my SLK55 back in early Feburary 2006. I have been very active on the site since then and have really enjoyed my time here. Besides a sometimes abrasive moderator, the experience has been educational and fun. I felt like I had made some friends.

As many of you know, however, about a month ago this site underwent some technical changes that went over like a led blimp. Many of the ultra-cool regulars (like Julien, Dinoman, Alroumi, Ynot, EasySLK, etc.) left and have not come back. The old benzworld.com moderator (Ianx) tried to lure us all away to another MB site but nobody really went over there either. I have been really bummed about losing some cool people from this site. People I jawed with every day. I have all but given up on them coming back, so I guess it is time to make some new friends.

As you can see from my signature, I own a Brabus modified 2006 SLK55. I got about a dozen modifications including the B55 performance kit that took the car up to 400 hp and 397 torque. I also got Brabus wheels, roll-bars, custom carbon fiber/alcantara interior accents, SL antenna kit, leather-piped floor mats, Brabus engine cover, sport steering wheel with paddle shifters, and alcantara shift knob. I know I am forgetting something but you can see a lot of pics of my SLK B55 (as it is now known) in my gallery. Click the link in my profile.

I am an attorney (a litigator through and through so expect some rants now and then). I work in Irvine, CA. If anyone is in town, let me know and perhaps we can meet for lunch and check out each other's rides. If anyone has any questions about Brabus upgrades or modifications for thier SLK, feel free to ask me - I basically had everything done that they offer on the car worth getting.

Good luck everyone. Let's start bonding again!
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
IM BACK ......WOHOOOOOOOOOOO with a 2nd SLK we got a 280 for my parents
 

·
Registered
2006 Brabus B55
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to see you bud. How is the SLK working out for you? I really like the shots you took of it. Did you ever get any better pics with something other than the cell-phone cam?

Take care and let's get back to the exciting banter we had in here before. Go over to that new site Ianx tried to lure everyone away to and get Ron Jefferies and the others to come back as well. That site is worse than this one. But to each his own.

Take care pal!
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
Beleriand said:
Good to see you bud. How is the SLK working out for you? I really like the shots you took of it. Did you ever get any better pics with something other than the cell-phone cam?

Take care and let's get back to the exciting banter we had in here before. Go over to that new site Ianx tried to lure everyone away to and get Ron Jefferies and the others to come back as well. That site is worse than this one. But to each his own.

Take care pal!
The SLK55 is an intoxinatic car , it just thrills me every time , Im forcing my self to park it at home because Ive drove it alot this past month 892-900km of Mileage!

Dont worry you are going to see more of me in Benzworld
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
silver_slk_55 said:
Why are you concerned about doing 900km in a month out of interest? I do that most weeks.

I just dont want my car to be highmileage thats all
 

·
Registered
SLK 55
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hi, I am from South Africa.
I also own a black slk 55.
Was reading your post and a saw you live in Irvine. My sister lives in Irvine also.
Small World...:)
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
dalewinterstein said:
Hi, I am from South Africa.
I also own a black slk 55.
Was reading your post and a saw you live in Irvine. My sister lives in Irvine also.
Small World...:)

Sing with me.........Its a small world after all, Its a small world after all (learnt it in School and forgot whats left of the song) LOL
 

·
Registered
04 SL500; 06 SLK350
Joined
·
249 Posts
I'm still here, Beleriand. Maybe it's not as exciting as before, but I still visit every day, and occasionally post. This morning, in Western New York, we came close to having frost. I'm determined to get my top down again soon, but I may have to wear a ski parka with hood. This is beyond air scarf weather!!! Dinoman
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
Dinoman said:
I'm still here, Beleriand. Maybe it's not as exciting as before, but I still visit every day, and occasionally post. This morning, in Western New York, we came close to having frost. I'm determined to get my top down again soon, but I may have to wear a ski parka with hood. This is beyond air scarf weather!!! Dinoman


I havent used Airscarf yet, The Weather is Hot! 40c right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I'm a newbie-ish and have really appreciated the things I've learned from the forum. I've ordered an SLK350 with most of the trimmings which should look like this:



I'm going to collect the car on the factory tour, hopefully in July...

I also do (well did - I kinda quit) model photography on the side so I'm gonna grab a model or two to do a shoot with the car when it comes ;) Should be a laugh :) You can see some of my work at www.phildrinkwater.co.uk if you're bored :D Some of it might not be viewable at work, although all of it is 'decent' in my view.
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
PhilD73 said:
I'm a newbie-ish and have really appreciated the things I've learned from the forum. I've ordered an SLK350 with most of the trimmings which should look like this:



I'm going to collect the car on the factory tour, hopefully in July...

I also do (well did - I kinda quit) model photography on the side so I'm gonna grab a model or two to do a shoot with the car when it comes ;) Should be a laugh :) You can see some of my work at www.phildrinkwater.co.uk if you're bored :D Some of it might not be viewable at work, although all of it is 'decent' in my view.

Congrats in advance, Is that Solid black or mettallic black ?
 

·
Registered
06 SLK 350, 03 C320
Joined
·
165 Posts
Beleriand said:
The old benzworld.com moderator (Ianx) tried to lure us all away to another MB site but nobody really went over there either.
What is the other MB site??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
alroumi said:
Congrats in advance, Is that Solid black or mettallic black ?
Metallic black.. Obscillian black I think it's called (or something like that)

Can't wait...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
PhilD73 said:
I'm a newbie-ish and have really appreciated the things I've learned from the forum. I've ordered an SLK350 with most of the trimmings which should look like this:

Yay! Just found out they can do the late spec change for me :D I was going to have the standard wheels 17", but decided on the AMG ones over the weekend. I was thinking it could be too late now (or at least mean a delay to the car), but they've spoken to the factory and can make that change still :) (I just couldn't change the engine or that kind of thing)

Cheers!
A Happy Phil
 

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
Joined
·
93 Posts
It's Obsidian Black. Good choice with the 18in AMG wheels, they will really make the SLK350 look mean. I have them on my 55AMG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
anissut said:
Good choice with the 18in AMG wheels, they will really make the SLK350 look mean.
Yeah - I love the look of that car... was just what I was looking for.
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
anissut said:
It's Obsidian Black. Good choice with the 18in AMG wheels, they will really make the SLK350 look mean. I have them on my 55AMG.
Yeah they look good, I just wish the front 5 spokes look slightly larger !
 

·
Registered
SLK55
Joined
·
5 Posts
Beleriand, I got my SLK55 at about the same time you did, and am toying with the idea of performance mods. My MB dealer is a Renntech installer & one of their combinations (airbox, headers, ecu) is similar to your posted B55 hp/torque. Granted there will be some differences as their methods vary, but what can you say about the difference in feel between stock & 400 hp? I didn't see LSD on your list. Do you have trouble controlling wheel spin?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top