Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and get a new battery. I tried to start the gal this morning, and she wasn't interested in it. I put my charger on her and could only charge it to 66%, according to the charger. i was able to give her a jump from the charger, and she was reluctant to start, but she finally did.

I looked at the service records, and it hasn't been changed since October of 2001. i guess nothing lasts forever

How much, ballpark price, is a new one going to set me back for a 560sl?

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
and get a new battery. I tried to start the gal this morning, and she wasn't interested in it. I put my charger on her and could only charge it to 66%, according to the charger. i was able to give her a jump from the charger, and she was reluctant to start, but she finally did.

I looked at the service records, and it hasn't been changed since October of 2001. i guess nothing lasts forever

I spent $80 at Walmart 5 years ago.
Others have spent $225 for an MB battery.

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,197 Posts
A buck fifty at MB if you are a MBCA member. Personally, I have an $89 Auto Zone in mine because I was out of town when the old one crapped out. I did put an MB one in Colonel Klink, by 126.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes-Benz 560 SL
973 Posts

Don't forget Herr Sokoloff's got a nearly new genuine Mercedes battery for sale, though the shipping or self-pickup might prove impractical for you. I'd drop him a line and see.

For my '87 560 SL, I'm partial to the Interstate MTP-93, as mine's been in service for nearly ten years, with no end in sight. But it's a premium, 85-month battery with a premium price (street price probably $125-135) that might only be cost-effective if you intend to keep the car indefinitely.

Good road,

·
Premium Member
89 R107, 05 CDI
2,536 Posts
Don't forget Herr Sokoloff's got a nearly new genuine Mercedes battery for sale, though the shipping or self-pickup might prove impractical for you. I'd drop him a line and see.

For my '87 560 SL, I'm partial to the Interstate MTP-93, as mine's been in service for nearly ten years, with no end in sight. But it's a premium, 85-month battery with a premium price (street price probably $125-135) that might only be cost-effective if you intend to keep the car indefinitely.

Good road,
Plus one on that, I priced an MB battery, very expensive. But could be worth the money, GA's battery sounds lie a good prospect. if you go for Len's battery, be sure that he has been tending it properly, and see if he has got a transferable warranty from MB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts