Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you have had experience with the following brand names in this or other size applications can you weight in on your opinion for noise, tread wear, and snow performance? I have the Dunlops now and they are great in dry and rain but frankly quite dangerous in snow--so I'm leaning to an all season alternative.

Pirelli|Bridgestone|Yokohama|Michelin|Continental

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=285/&ratio=50&diameter=18&sortCode=54620&minSpeedRating=H&ratio=50&width=285/&diameter=18&vehicleSearch=true&startIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&speed_rating=HR&speed_rating=VR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR&speed_rating=ZR&RunFlat=All&x=76&y=8

Thanks!

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
My ML came with the 18" AMG wheels and Bridgestone Duellers 285/60R80. They became noisy and was not impressed with their performance and balance.

I know you were not asking about this size, but anyway the information may help you or anybody. Currently, I have the Michellin's Pilot 285/60R18, and they are by far the best tires I had used on my ML and on my Jeeps. If anybody decides on these tires, you need to have a similar wheel offset than the AMG wheels.

I just bought a second set of them, and the first ones lasted around 60,000 miles and there was still some legal thread in them. Currently, I have 103,000 miles on my ML and just installed the new set of Michellin tires. They braked great, excellent wet traction, very quiet, great long lasting balance, but sorry, I live in Houston so no feedback on snow.

AC

·
Registered
2001 ML 320
273 Posts
I personally bought the Yokohama's for ML320 and I love them. Awesome in the Chicago winters but really great on the highway as well. Slightly noisier on certain types of pavement grading than the stock, but still a great tire.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences

I appreciate it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts