Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 cls is in need of brakes, can anyone here tell me the best brake pad to get ? The car has 45000 miles on it, the brakes are squeeling pretty bad, in reverse......im not going to a dealer, they dont even give you K.Y.
Im going to let a very reliable place here locally do it. My dealer is 125 miles away.
Going to have rotors turned also.......
Anything out of the realm i should be aware of for this job ?

·
Registered
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
232 Posts
Late I know, but in my experience, stick with stock. I tried the aftermarket route and while they worked well for a while, they began to squeak terribly and nothing I tried would solve the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just order EBC redstuff ceramic brakes from autopartwarehouse.com for my 2007 CLS 550 and from what i've read theyre the best.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
8 Posts
I just order EBC redstuff ceramic brakes from autopartwarehouse.com for my 2007 CLS 550 and from what i've read theyre the best.
How are the EBC redstuff's working for you? I'm getting ready to replace brakes on my 2006 CLS and am deciding on pads and rotors (51K miles). I just replaced pads and rotors on my 2006 Land Rover LR3 and used EBC rotors and EBC Green Stuff 7000 pads (for heavier vehicles) and like them so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts