Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 320 CDI with a P2 package and I thought to have seen the view mirror tilt down when in reverse. However, I have not seen it worked for a while. Anyone knows if this is standard and how to enable it? Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mirror selector has to be pressed to passenger side, you likely adjusted mirrors and forgot to press the passenger side selector after that, and hence its not tilting; Some didn't have this option as MB said it was removed, however if yours was working, chances are you have not "selected" the mirror to told down (only supported on passenger side)
tk

tk

·
Registered
14 Posts
This option is NOT available for the new 08 ML's. I had my dealer connect my car to the computer for 30 minutes as the head tech tried to turn it on with no such luck. The bottom line is that it's not available on the 08's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
This option is NOT available for the new 08 ML's. I had my dealer connect my car to the computer for 30 minutes as the head tech tried to turn it on with no such luck. The bottom line is that it's not available on the 08's.

it is an option that was turned off by mercedes. you need to get a tech who knows where to look to turn it on via star.

I did a post on this exact topic about 4-5 months ago. Anyway, YES, the right side mirror tilt feature can be enabled on a 2007 ML as long as you have the 'memory seat' feature.

From what I remember the process is as follows:

In STAR diagnostics there is a section that lists all the so-called 'configurable' features. There are 3 listings you have to concentrate on; "mirror memory 1", "mirror memory 2", and "mirror memory 3". All 3 are set to off as default by the factory. You just have to set them to on and save the changes. Afterwards, you have to save the reverse tilt position. Have the car in park, move the passenger mirror to the desired position, press and hold the "memory" button (associated with the memory seats) and press the "down" portion of the mirror adjustment switch, release both buttons. Now put your car in reverse, making sure the right mirror is selected on the door controls, and check to see if it works.

If you need more information you can contact Steve, the service manager at Mercedes-Benz of Huntington on Long Island, NY. Steve programmed my car and a few of my friends' cars. The phone number for the service department is 631-549-2125.

Regards,

·
Registered
51 Posts
works on my 08. Did have to reset a few times after others drove car and reset mirrors.
As TK indicates, simply push the passenger side mirror control button to reset.
You should actually see the red led for the passenger side light up when you shift to reverse ,indicating the mirror is activated as it tilts back.
Fred

·
Registered
14 Posts
vinceching is referring to an O7 and this issue is with the 08's

fredi is in Canada so he doesn't have a US model.

My dealership, Benzel Bush, is "the" dealerhip here in my location - 2 minutes from NYC. They have an excellent reputation. I went in there insisting that a "friend" of mine (I was referring to a post I had read on here) has an 08 and that his mirror tilts and that I wasn't going to leave until mine did the same thing.

After they researched it in the system they told me that it isn't available on the new 08 models. I then reminded them yet again *stretching the truth" that my "friend" here in NJ had it on his. I explained to them that even though the books claim that it isn't available it is. I then watched the head tech and a mechanic connect my car to the computer for 30 minutes with frustrated looks on their faces.

They drove the car out of the shop and informed me that it can't be done and that they tried every back door.

This is the information I have on this. If anyone with an 08 US ML350 has had this done, please let us all know the exact information for it appears to be an issue with many people including myself.

Thank you........ :thumbsup:

EDIT UPDATE:
I just spoke with Steve from the dealer in Long Island and he confirmed that it isn't available on the 08 model.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was told I could not have SAT radio and VCS added (after factory) by the a lead developer for the ML Line at MB Factory, and by the dealer also;

I now have both...
tk

·
Registered
305 Posts
vinceching is referring to an O7 and this issue is with the 08's

fredi is in Canada so he doesn't have a US model.

My dealership, Benzel Bush, is "the" dealerhip here in my location - 2 minutes from NYC. They have an excellent reputation. I went in there insisting that a "friend" of mine (I was referring to a post I had read on here) has an 08 and that his mirror tilts and that I wasn't going to leave until mine did the same thing.

After they researched it in the system they told me that it isn't available on the new 08 models. I then reminded them yet again *stretching the truth" that my "friend" here in NJ had it on his. I explained to them that even though the books claim that it isn't available it is. I then watched the head tech and a mechanic connect my car to the computer for 30 minutes with frustrated looks on their faces.

They drove the car out of the shop and informed me that it can't be done and that they tried every back door.

This is the information I have on this. If anyone with an 08 US ML350 has had this done, please let us all know the exact information for it appears to be an issue with many people including myself.

Thank you........ :thumbsup:

EDIT UPDATE:
I just spoke with Steve from the dealer in Long Island and he confirmed that it isn't available on the 08 model.
wow, that sucks if it really isn't available on the 08's. kinda disappointing the minor changes they made from 07 to 08.

the armrest is different 07's have a 2 compartment vs the 08 with just one, and there is not audible chime when you put the car in park.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
strange, I press the passenger mirror button and put the car in reverse and it did not work. I thought it was working a one time. Why would they take a feature like this away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As per the 2008 Owner's Manual

The "lost" of this feature happened to me also but here is how to recover !

Check your Owner's Manual ( 2008 CDN 320CDI ):

"The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves into the parking
position as soon as you engage reverse gear.

Make sure that the parking position for the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side is stored with the memory function.

(My note : you must adjust the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side
the way you wish it to be in )

Make sure that the key is in position 2 in the ignition lock.

Press button for the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side.

Engage reverse gear.

The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves to the stored parking position.

The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves back to its original position:

as soon as you exceed a speed of 10 km/h

about ten seconds after you have disengaged reverse gear

if you press button for the exterior mirror on the driver's side"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried this on my ML550 today and couldnt get it work. Has anyone else got it to work on an 08? Can someone give some additional detail? Does the dealer need to do some programming first?

The "lost" of this feature happened to me also but here is how to recover !

Check your Owner's Manual ( 2008 CDN 320CDI ):

"The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves into the parking
position as soon as you engage reverse gear.

Make sure that the parking position for the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side is stored with the memory function.

(My note : you must adjust the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side
the way you wish it to be in )

Make sure that the key is in position 2 in the ignition lock.

Press button for the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side.

Engage reverse gear.

The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves to the stored parking position.

The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves back to its original position:

as soon as you exceed a speed of 10 km/h

about ten seconds after you have disengaged reverse gear

if you press button for the exterior mirror on the driver's side"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I tried this on my ML550 today and couldnt get it work. Has anyone else got it to work on an 08? Can someone give some additional detail? Does the dealer need to do some programming first?
I have an 08 ML and it works! Maybe only for Canadian models?:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts